Our brief history:
In August 2013 when well-known Geraldton identity, Deane Cleaver, decided to take advantage of the opportunity to start a marine engine repair business he had no idea of the latent demand for his services in the Midwest region. He commenced Geraldton Mobile Marine as a sole trader with the assistance of a good friend who also had 15 years’ experience working on outboard motors.
His intention was to operate out of a small but suitable shed in Geraldton which provided a workshop base for engine servicing and repair to clients in the area from Dongara up through Kalbarri. Despite using only ‘word of mouth’ and Business Cards as his promotion strategy the demand for his services grew rapidly. So much so that the operation has twice been forced to move to larger premises. We are now located at 61 Anderson Street, Webberton.
Sensing the need to further broaden the organisation’s products and services offering Deane negotiated a Dealership arrangement with Suzuki Marine in July 2014. This important milestone in the organisation’s evolution reintroduced an authorised Suzuki outboard dealer to the region. Around the same time the trading name was changed to Midwest Marine.
Six months later, after continually exceeding the monthly sales targets set him by Suzuki, and again recognizing customer’s demands, the dealership arrangements were expanded to include Mercury Marine. Achieving this further strategic objective effectively enabled Midwest Marine to access a full range of highly regarded products and genuine parts suitable to meet the demands of both the recreational and commercial boating community.
Effective from 1st January 2015 Deane teamed with his business mentor to form a new partnership entity which continues to trade under the name of Midwest Marine.
Our Mission Statement:
To retain our reputation as the marine outboard service & repair organisation of choice throughout the Midwest region
- To continue to cater for all Geraldton based clients as may request Midwest Marine services as well as previous customers and new customers who reside in the area from Jurien Bay to the south through to the northern areas of Carnarvon & Shark Bay.
- To focus the company’s operation within the marine industry by maintaining alliances with a range of complementary product suppliers.
- To continue to provide good quality & “value for money” services to a client base of both Recreational & Commercial customers.
- To provide ongoing “delivery of promises” to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction with all jobs undertaken.
- To continue to provide the 'mobile' service to the outer regions Geraldton - Dongara to Kalbarri, as demand warrants together with a "Call out" service for clients.
- To expand the range of products & services offered by the company to ensure broad based client demands are satisfied.
We are confident that we can achieve these business targets with the support of our customers. However we understand that this support will only come providing we continue to deliver on